Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Westminster Shorter Catechism - Part 1

This is such a wonderful Catechism. Not terribly short ( :P ), but it is very good.
I will copy out a little bit sometimes, until it is all copied out. This is a wonderful Catechism, and if you don't have a copy of it, I strongly encourage you to get one.

Q. 1. What is man's primary purpose?
A. Man's primary purpose is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

*I did this in a study at one time, so I will include some of my notes on this Catechism. I also might make some new notes*
Notes: We can enjoy God by praying to Him, reading the Bible, and remembering the security we have in Him.

Q. 2. What authority from God directs us how to glorify and enjoy Him?
A. The only authority for glorifying and enjoying Him is the Bible, which is the word of God and is made up of the Old and New Testaments.

Notes: We should look in the Bible to see how to enjoy God. Also how to worship Him.

Q. 3. What does the Bible primarily teach?
A. The Bible primarily teaches what man must believe about God and what God requires of man.

Notes: We will find all of God's requirements in the Bible. Mainly, in this answer, it says the Bible shows us how to become Christians, and how to be a Christian.

I hope that you will enjoy this 'study' of the Westminster Shorter Catechism!

2 comments:

Lady Grace said...

Yes, we are memorizing that, too! I agree, it is wonderful.

Well, blessings to you!
Grace, love, and peace,
Grace

Unknown said...

Well, I didn't memorize it, but I was in a study on it one time. It was REALLY good.
Thanks for commenting!! :-D

~Madison